' WALKING IN VICTORY '

THIS MINISTRY BLOG IS A BIT - 'EDGY'. I LIVE MY LIFE FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD WITH BOLDNESS. I WALK IN 'VICTORY' AND THE 'POWER AND AUTHORITY' THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME AND MAKE NO EXCUSES FOR IT. MAYBE YOU ARE WANTING TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE FOR GOD - THEN I ENCOURAGE YOU TO STEP OUT IN FAITH AND LET GOD TAKE YOU ON A JOURNEY AS 'HIS KINGDOM COME, HIS WILL BE DONE, ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN' - IN YOU AND THROUGH YOU - IN THE POWERFUL NAME OF JESUS

04 February 2008

' THE CHILD WITHIN '

Praise the Lord - We arrived here in Kansas City on Jan.3rd around 12:30am after driving almost 20+ hours. It was an experience that I will never forget! And I do mean that in a good way!

Everything our hands have touched or our feet have walked, has been blessed of the Lord. I have never in my life walked in such favor before, but it's about time that I learn to! After-all, we are 'KINGS KIDS' and we should walk with the authority that has been given us - just knowing who our 'DADDY' really is.

I have been telling people for several years to walk in the God given authority that was given to us when Jesus went down to hell and took back the 'KEYS' to our very identity in Him. He did that so we could walk in victory and in His image.

For many years I have prayed to be in a place in Him that I could 'hear what He hears' and 'see what He sees'. I haven't asked for anything else. I want more than anything to experience more of 'heaven on earth' in this life. I know that someday when I'm there, it will be as if nothing changed. I want to walk from 'knowing Him here' to 'knowing Him there', without skipping a beat.

I has been awesome how the Lord has allowed me to stay at home now and put my time to a different use. I want to share with you a poem that I wrote sometime last week when we had a heavy snowfall.

Let me set the stage for you.
It was sometime in the early 1980's that I last remember seeing snow. We didn't really have that much snow back in Texas, but I remember when snow covered the ground for several days and left as fast as it came. But the point was - it did snow!

Since arriving here in KC, we have had several major snow storms in the past few weeks. The temperature has been as low as '-6' and as high as '+62', so it has been different - to say the least!

One night last week I watched as snow flakes started falling on the green grass outside. The previous snow had fallen before we arrived and was starting to melt. I felt like I was 5 years old again as my nose was pressed to the window and my breath fogged the glass. I sat on the end of the bed in the bedroom where the golden street lights put me in a trance as the snow was being 'spot-lighted' like ballet dancers on a stage. I watched as the snow fell and everything seemed to stop except for the falling snow.

Then all of a sudden I felt God telling me to write down what He was bringing up inside of me. I went and got a pen and pad and began writing this poem - Enjoy!

'THE CHILD WITHIN'

I don't understand it, but I'll try to begin -
What is this feeling, could it be 'the child within'?

Why have I waited so long -
To be in this place of such peace and calm?

As I stare out the window and as the snow comes down -
I listen to a train in the distance as it goes through town.

What is it about the fresh falling snow, that takes you back in time-
To a place when things were simple and poems didn't have to rhyme.

The snow looks like diamonds falling from Heaven above
Covering the Earth like a blanket of Love.

I marveled at how the flakes dance under the light -
And pray that God would give me some deeper insight.

The 'place in Him' is where I just want to flee -
The place where I can be 'Who God created me to be'.

That place where my life and talents give Him glory -
Where even the simple things in life tell a story.

Like how God revealed Himself to me in the falling snow -
So that even my 'child like faith' would know.

That His Presence is with me, if I just look about -
He's there in the silence, there has never been any doubt.

I love this time where it's just 'Me and Him' -
Where He talks - I listen, and my focus isn't dim.

"FORGET NOT MY BENEFITS", I heard Him say to me -
How can I when this is the place in Him I have prayed to be.

To 'hear what He hears' and 'see what He sees' -
To let my heart open up to Him with such ease.

It's my prayer - you see - to be like Him -
But the only way to get there - is to find
'THE CHILD WITHIN'

By CAROL DOSWELL
JANUARY 29, 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My prayer is that you allow yourself to become as a child. Get quiet before Him and 'LISTEN'. Whatever you are going through, God alreay knows and He is waiting for you to 'rest in Him'.

I know you say, 'How can I do this'? It's a place you have to 'make yourself' and 'allow yourself' at the same time to go. This place is where the 'peace' you are looking for is - get alone with Him now.

" Be still and know that I am God "

1 Comments:

  • At June 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am thankful the Lord has brought you & Ben to KC. So far I have loved reading your Blogs and can't wait to see what you share next.
    Love
    Sara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home