' WALKING IN VICTORY '

THIS MINISTRY BLOG IS A BIT - 'EDGY'. I LIVE MY LIFE FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD WITH BOLDNESS. I WALK IN 'VICTORY' AND THE 'POWER AND AUTHORITY' THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME AND MAKE NO EXCUSES FOR IT. MAYBE YOU ARE WANTING TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE FOR GOD - THEN I ENCOURAGE YOU TO STEP OUT IN FAITH AND LET GOD TAKE YOU ON A JOURNEY AS 'HIS KINGDOM COME, HIS WILL BE DONE, ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN' - IN YOU AND THROUGH YOU - IN THE POWERFUL NAME OF JESUS

14 June 2006

"EMPTY NEST" - a poem by Carol

This is a poem that the Lord gave me one evening several years ago when I was thinking back about how fast my children have grown up. It just went by so fast. Maybe you are facing your children about to leave home or maybe you will relate somehow to the words I have written. Enjoy!


"EMPTY NEST"

Why is it so hard to say good-bye,
To the ones we thought needed us when they would cry?

Is this the real meaning of what 'growing pains' are about,
When they pack their bags for the final time and move out?

It's the empty room and the stuffed animals left on the bed.
The colored hair bows, dolls and teen magazines left un-read.

We leave the room un-touched, praying for their return,
But it's just one of those 'life's lessons" that I have to learn.

Letting go so your child can grow is what my Mom had to do.
But I was to busy spreading my wings to know what she was going through.

"What goes around - comes around", so they say,
But how could anyone have warned me about that day!

So now the grandbabies have come along,
And they won't understand someday when MiMi is gone.

Except that I loved them with all of my heart,
Like I loved their mother - but we too had to part.

It's the "CIRCLE OF LIFE", just like all the rest.
Someday they too will know the pain - of the 'EMPTY NEST'.

6 Comments:

  • At June 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too have gone through empty nest and you said it so plain. I felt every line you wrote, it really ministered to my heart. Thank you for sharing your poem with everyone. God bless you, you are not alone.

     
  • At June 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carol,

    That was a beautiful poem, I wish I knew how to write a poem like that, I just know how to preach (I guess that is not tooooo bad). You got talent, need to teach me how to write like that. Later, gator (Carol, I am rhyming my words again).

    Barbara

     
  • At June 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Outstanding job on the poem!!!!!

    Barbara
    www.frappr.com/barbarabodling

     
  • At June 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Outstanding poem Carol from someone dear in Round Rock, Texas---you know her.

     
  • At June 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Outstanding poem Carol from someone in Round Rock, Texas

     
  • At June 16, 2006, Blogger Darlene Schacht said…

    Carol, that is so beautiful. I'm blessed to have the little ones home still, and everyday I'm trying to enjoy the moment while it's still here. But that poem ministers to us as we take each step of separation which for me continues as my last baby is about to start school.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home